My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

I am but a cog in The Spiderman 3 Hype Machine!


Now here's a MMM of M first: a repeat! With all the madness generated by the release of Spiderman 3, I thought I'd add a smidge of my own. This is from December '06, back before I discovered how important lighting is while shooting video.

I'm a Spiderman fan from way back. My first exposure to the famous webslinger was in audio form: "The Amazing Spider-Man, A Rockomic! From Beyond the Grave" (Buddha Records, 1972) which I played on my turntable over and over and over until it was scratched beyond recognition. I particularly loved the bizarre song chronicling Spidey and Doctor Strange teaming up to fight crime all over New York. I remember that all the parts featuring Doctor Strange scared me a bit. There were slide whistles and moaning and Twilight Zone-ish sound effects in the background whenever he spoke his lines, and he'd say things like
"In the name of the omnipotent Oshtur, I greet you. Behold what is revealed by The Eye of Agamoto."
Doctor Strange totally freaked me out. But I always liked Spiderman even though I didn't really follow him closely (I was more of an X-Men girl). I loved his backstory, and the simplicity of the ol' blue and red costume.

That ol' costume makes home decorating a snap!
posted by missbhavens @ 5:06 PM |

5 comments

<< Home