My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Videoblogging Week 2007 Day Six -- Bahn Mi


Chugging toward the end of VBW07 with my very favorite sandwich, the Vietnamese Bahn Mi. Roasted seasoned pork, some kind of meat pate/boloney slices (I don't really like thinking about it...it's beige and shiny and creepy looking) and carrots, daikon, cucumbers, chili sauce, fiery peppers and cilantro on a fresh toasted baguette. A cheap eats no-brainer at $3.50. There are cheaper Bahn Mi out there, but this one is by far the best. I prefer the pork, but they also have shrimp and veggie ones, too. You have a choice between spicey and not, and I always order them spicy but then backtrack and pull off the peppers. I love the flavor they leave behind, but biting into them is suicide.

This funny little shop churns out nothing but sandwiches, and lives in the back of a jewelery shop. You never know when you might want a coral bracelet to go with your lunch. They weren't too keen on my fliming in there which is why there's no footage of the store (there was some shouting and waving) but they were nice enough to forgive me and sell me a sandwich.

posted by missbhavens @ 4:17 PM |

6 comments

<< Home