My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Videoblogging Week 2007 Day Four -- Pierogi!

If I had to pick one style of food to eat for the rest of my life it would be dumplings. Any dumpling from any nation. Any golfball sized food stuffed into an edible wrapper qualifies. Today's VBW07 features tasty little dumplingy morsels from the Ukraine: pierogi. On day 4, Brian and I head to my favorite palace of plump pierogis, Veselka (actually, we went last week, I only edited and uploaded on day 4). Now, there may be some controversy, but I will state clearly and without shame my preference for fried pierogi. I realize they are often enjoyed boiled. To this I say "Thanks, but no thanks." it's fried or nothing.

The utterly-non-CC music featured is by one of my favorite Ukrainian gypsy punk bands* Gogol Bordello because sometimes, you just want the music you want. So go buy it, it's a hell of a fun record. Bet you never heard anything like it!


When making videos I do make an effort to either futz around with Garageband or comb through Podsafe or IODA or the archive for Creative Commons licensed or public domain music, and occasionally I have had success. But sometimes...well, sometimes you hear a song and think "What a perfect excuse to go eat pierogis at Veselka! Wouldn't this song work great!?". I love music--"love" doesn't even cover it-- I'm a complete and total music freak raised by complete and total music freaks. There are very few silent moments in my life because I have music playing constantly at home and away. There is music for every occasion and mood. Music inspires me, and sometimes it inspires a videoblog post. Hopefully, I'll inspire someone to go buy this terrific album. You can find it here, here, and here.

* Like there's another?

posted by missbhavens @ 4:01 PM |

8 comments

<< Home