My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Videoblogging Week 2007 Day One -- Bag of Cake!


Happy Videoblogging Week, 2007! That whacky time of year when vloggers all over the world are encouraged to shoot and post every day for a week*, and encourage others to get join the Great Vloggy Family (some folks already post daily and should be specially recognized for their Herculean vlog efforts: Go Bev!). So why aren't YOU vlogging? You text bloggers, you?! You know who you are! It's sooooooo easy! You can learn to vlog in just one easy step:
Step 1. Visit Freevlog. There you will learn from the videoblog jedi masters. There are instructions for both Macs and PCs, so no excuses!
There were several ideas bandied about for this year's theme, my favorite being The Seven Deadly Sins. But having no clear idea of how to capture "Avarice" in video form I decided to focus entirely on "Gluttony", a sin I know a lot about (insert "Lust" joke here). My very favorite thing about New York city is the abundance of good, cheap food so follow me all week long as I profile my top seven "cheap eats" hot spots. Make sure you write them all down for your next NYC visit!

One of the fun things about videoblogging is that for me it's a never-ending learning process; not just about technical things like tagging and codecs and compression, but real-life stuff, too. The biggest lesson I learned while prepping for VBW07? Most restaurants and food vendors are quite wary of video cameras. Hence, no falafel or Sicilian pizza video. Maybe next year.

*and in my case, experimenting with compression and viewing sizes...please play along.

Music:
"South China Sea"
Steve Doctor
Courtesy of Podsafe Music Network!


posted by missbhavens @ 5:47 PM |

8 comments

<< Home