My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ah, Youth

Or here for La Quicktime


I am not old enough for this to be happening to me. Age is just a number. Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you if you're young at heart.

Kill me. Or, at least stab me in the neck with a fork.

1987 mean anything to you? Anyone? Iran-Contra? "Tear down that wall"? Chunnel? Jim Bakker? The FDA approval of AZT? I still haven't found what I'm looking for? Swimming to Cambodia? Raising Arizona? The Princess Bride? (also Ishtar, but just ignore that). Last Night I Dreamt Somebody Loved Me? The Simpsons?

2007. 1987. 2007. 1987. Get it yet? See the connection? No? Anyway...

I'm actually not a big My Chemical Romance fan, but I respect any band willing to mock themselves and their audience so early in their career. Right on. And I completely understand that their new album speaks to some kids in much the same way Nirvana spoke to those before them (and I didn't get it) and The Smiths spoke to me (which I TOTALLY got). Time marches on, and perky glum rock marches right alongside it. But music magazines are making this record out to be some sort of musical second coming--albeit a snarky musical second coming in glammy Sgt. Pepper-wear-- but, still! They're comparing My Chemical Romance to Queen! Seriously!

If My Chemical Romance is the new Queen then...well...I don't know. Maybe I should record an album with Rob Cavallo and I'll be hailed as the greatest new voice in Rock.

Or Rick Rubin! How about Rick Rubin! All the cool kids are doing it...
posted by missbhavens @ 1:03 AM |

19 comments

<< Home