My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Random Hospital-Related Text Post #1

Conversation overheard on the Labor & Delivery Unit 12/13/05, Overnight Tour

Labor & Delivery Nurse
: But you're in so much pain! Are you sure you don't want an epidural?
Screaming Pregnant Patient With Limited English Skills:  No, no! I cannot!
L&D RN: Well, of course, that's your choice. But is there any particular reason why not?
SCPWLES: A friend, my sister, she say to me to no do for it is to be later much back pain for my life. She say she no can move her back after. Very bad!(insert blood curdling scream here).
L&D RN:  Really there's very little chance of that, none, actually, don't let that scare you. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but everyone's experience with epidurals can be different. Different people can experience the same events differently. Like let's say you go to McDonalds and really like your hamburger, but then I go to the same McDonald's and hate mine!
Pregnant Lady's Husband: But I don't like the McDonald's.


The moral of the story is: Attempting to simplify matters frequently results in the point being missed entirely!
posted by missbhavens @ 3:42 PM |

4 comments

<< Home