My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://missbhavens.com and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."



So I've been sifting through the video footage from my brief trip to New Orleans and for the life of me I don't know what to do with it. It's not like there's oodles of it--only about thirty minutes. There are a few things blocking my progress: a lot of it is just so depressing that I don't want to watch it any more. And then there's the funny bits, too, but they look desperately foolish alongside the clips of the Lower 9th Ward. I have some guilt about my ability to go home to my cozy undestroyed-by-natural-disaster-and-underfunded-levee-maintenance home. I'm also not too handy with iMovie. I nailed down the basics with a practice movie yesterday (ALL of yesterday) when I should have been cleaning my apartment, but I don't want my first video posting to be a musical tribute to pizza. I'm not sure why. I'm also having a hard time making peace with what a chucklehead I sound like while narrating. I cannot believe what I sound like. I'm appalled by it. Why have my friends never mentioned it before? You'd think that with a degree in Speech Pathology (College: The Early Years) I'd have learned something. Not so much, no. I speak so quickly that it's a wonder anyone understands what I'm saying. What's worse is that since I became hyper-aware of it during the trip after examining some of the tape, I tried to slow myself down, lending my voice a nice "duh" quality to it. Apparantly, I'm also a little bossy. Does it get worse than fast, dumb and bossy? I don't think it does. Luckily, I don't yet have to deal with what I LOOK like on video. I dread that.

For some heartbreaking but outstanding firsthand, post-Katrina New Orleans photos and words from a native son doing a damn good job helping his family and fellow man, please visit Operation Eden if you haven't already. It is truly a shining example of what a blog can be and do.
posted by missbhavens @ 3:23 PM |

7 comments

<< Home